According to the Law of Ukraine, in cases where a public holiday falls on the weekend (Saturday or Sunday), the weekend is extended by one day.
Red marks the official holidays wich are days off.
Brown marks the official holidays which are working days.
Green marks the celebrations, which change date.
• In the modern Transcarpathian region, Oleksander Mitrak (1837/10/16 – 1913/03/14) – activist in the national, cultural and linguistic revival of the Slavic people, Ruthenian writer, poet, folklorist and ethnographer – was born.
• World Anesthesia Day. The first anesthetic was performed in 1846.
• Lviv Ivan Franko University resumed its work (1944).
• Day for the boss. The day was founded in 1958 in America, and then taken up by other countries.
• The Lion Company was created (1987).