According to the Law of Ukraine, in cases where a public holiday falls on the weekend (Saturday or Sunday), the weekend is extended by one day.
Red marks the official holidays wich are days off.
Brown marks the official holidays which are working days.
Green marks the celebrations, which change date.
• Ivan Franko's play «Stolen happiness» had premiere in Lviv (1893).
• The Ukrainian physiologist Pavlo Kharchenko was born (1910/11/16 – 1973).
• Crimea Revolutionary Committee was established (1920).
• The first melting of cast iron was carried out at the factory Zaporizhstal (1933).
• Day for radio, television and communications workers in Ukraine (since 1994).
• World Philosophy Day has been celebrated on the third Thursday in November in more than 70 UNESCO member countries since 2002.