According to the Law of Ukraine, in cases where a public holiday falls on the weekend (Saturday or Sunday), the weekend is extended by one day.
Red marks the official holidays wich are days off.
Brown marks the official holidays which are working days.
Green marks the celebrations, which change date.
• The coronation of Hali-Volyn's Prince Daniil Romanovich took place (1253).
• Chernivtsi Day is celebrated on the first Saturday in October. The city was founded in 1408.
• Uman Day is celebrated on the first Saturday in October. The city in the Cherkassy region was founded in 1616.
• Zaporizhzhia Day. The year of the city's foundation is 1770. The date of celebration is different each year.
• The Ukrainian architect Yevhen Karol Chervinsky was born (1887/10/07 – 1930/02/20).
• The first helicopter in the independent Ukraine AK1-3 rose to the sky (2001).