According to the Law of Ukraine, in cases where a public holiday falls on the weekend (Saturday or Sunday), the weekend is extended by one day.
Red marks the official holidays wich are days off.
Brown marks the official holidays which are working days.
Green marks the celebrations, which change date.
• Mykola Strazhesko was born (1876/12/29 – 1952/06/27) – Ukrainian Medical Therapist, Organizer of Science.
• Volodymyr Simirenko was born (1891/12/29 – 1938/09/18) – a Ukrainian pomologist and breeder of fruit cultures.
• Feliks Dzerzhinsky Children's Municipality was founded near Kharkiv (1927).
• The metro in Dnipropetrovsk was opened (1995).
• The death penalty was declared unconstitutional in Ukraine (1999).