According to the Law of Ukraine, in cases where a public holiday falls on the weekend (Saturday or Sunday), the weekend is extended by one day.
Red marks the official holidays wich are days off.
Brown marks the official holidays which are working days.
Green marks the celebrations, which change date.
• Remission of the Cross of the Lord.
• In the territory of modern Ukraine, Sofia Bogomolets, the maiden name Prisetskaya, was born – Russian revolutionary, Pppulist – was born (1856/09/27 – 1892/01/11).
• Oleksander Doroshkevich – Ukrainian linguist, criticist, teacher, professor, philology teacher (1946) – was born (1889/09/27 – 1946/04/01). One of the leading literary critics from the 1920s. Author of textbooks on the history of Ukrainian literature.
• The stadium «Sports Field» was opened in Kyiv (1912).
• Nestor Makhno joined an Alliance with the Red Army (1920).
• Day for pre-school education staff in Ukraine.
• «Tourist Day» is a national professional celebration of Ukrainian workers by travel agencies and tour operators, all those working in the field of tourism and travel enthusiasts (since 1998).